Essie Mint Candy Apple and Orly Matte Top Coat

Friday, April 12, 2013

Ever since I saw this little bottle of minty beauty at Target, I've been plotting to buy it.

Except everytime I went back, it was either sold out, or I was unconvinced that I wanted such a milky pastel color of nail polish.  Well, I finally decided that since I was thinking about it over and over, I should just go ahead and buy it.  I'm sure glad that I did!!  I can't remember the last time I used an Essie polish, if ever, and it has an almost plasticy feel to it.  I anticipated a quick dry time for a quality polish but because of the texture of the polish itself, it was a little difficult to know when it was fully dry. 

After 3 coats, I decided it would look even BETTER matte.  So I topped it off with Orly Matte Top Coat.
I wasn't enchanted by the matte trend a few years ago, until I saw a picture of a navy polish topped with a matte top coat.  Of course, I instantly had to have it.  I was actually looking for Essie's Matte About You, but Ulta was always sold out.  One day they had the Orly brand and because I'm all about instant gratification, I picked up the Orly one.  It did not disappoint.

And now ... Essie's Mint Candy Apple with Orly's Matte Top Coat!

I apologize for the smudges on the sides, usually I paint my nails at night so the edges are cleaned up by my shower the next morning, but I brought my polish to work with me because I left super early due to a snow storm.  Just in case I arrived way too early, I figured I would paint my nails.  The Essie polish is very low odor so I didn't feel bad doing it.  Usually painting my nails at work is not something I would do.

I just so happened to have a picture of another time I used the Orly Matte Top Coat, which is when I was recreating the exact look that made me realize how cool the matte look can be.  This is OPI Russian Navy with Orly's Matte Top Coat.
Sexy, no??  LOVE!!

1 comment

I would love to know your thoughts! Leave a comment here.