Super lazy daily routine

Wednesday, August 29, 2012


I wake up as late as possible. I have to wake up, walk the pug, shower, dress, and be at work by the appropriate time. Though I'm a girly girl, love makeup and feeling pretty, I am also entirely unmotivated to get ready beyond looking barely presentable Monday through Friday mornings. So, here is my lazy daily routine. Sometimes I skip steps when I'm really lazy (read: tired).

#1 Pop of color
At the very least, I try to use some sort of light blush so I at least look alive in the morning. Since it's summer and I'm slightly sunkissed, I use my absolute favorite face product. Too Faced Pink Leopard.


This stuff is the best and it's flattering on most skin tones. I'm very light skinned with blue/pink undertones, so I never thought I would find a bronzer that looks natural on me. This stuff is the best. It has shades of bronze, rosy pink, and gold. I apply it with a nice fluffy brush to the apples of my cheeks and sweep up gently, then brushing very lightly on my nose, forehead, and chin. Ta-da! A lovely natural flush.

In the winter, I like to use Bare Escentuals All-Over Color in True.


Again, flattering on most skin tones. It is a rosy gold with shimmer. Another version of a natural flush, only a little less bronze for winter pale skin.
 
#2 Touch of lazy magic
I just discovered this little magic stick. Almay Wake Up Eyeliner + Highlighter. Mine is in Coffee Buzz & Iced Buff, which is a medium brown eyeliner and very pale pink shimmery highlighter.


The highlighter has a cooling effect when you put it on. Pretty cool. (Ha ha!) The eyeliner is just slightly metallic. The combination is very subtle but the effect is leaps and bounds nicer than a totally naked eye.
 
#3 Pièce de résistance, mascara
If I skip the magic stick, sometimes even the pop of color, at the VERY least I do try to wear mascara. My eyelashes are supernaturally long and dark, but straight. I feel like mascara just gives them a touch more oomph, pow, and kazaam. Lately I've enjoyed mascara by Urban Decay. I like either the Supercurl or Lush Lash.


One of the things I like about both of these mascaras is they don't budge all day, but come off easily with water and minimal rubbing. Supercurl has a curved brush, which I feel does help give my lashes a bit of curl. I can't stand curling my lashes with a traditional lash curler*, so if a mascara can give me a slight curl, I'm happy. Lush Lash has sort of an hour glass shaped brush. This helps reach the tiny lashes in the inner and outer corners of the eye. The formula is smooth and touchable on the lashes, but doesn't flake. It contains a serum to aid in the health of your lashes, but I haven't noticed a difference in mine. I have read other reviews that say they've noticed a difference. Like I said earlier though, mine are naturally long, so I think if they grew any longer I would look freakish.
 
There you have it. My super lazy daily routine!
 
*For special occasions, I do use the Heated Lash Curler by Blinc. This tool is the best thing ever. You curl your hair with heat, why not your lashes? For super oomph, I use They're Real mascara by Benefit, then curl. My natural lashes could pass as falsies, no lie.

1 comment

I would love to know your thoughts! Leave a comment here.